Sunday, August 20, 2006

High Street: North Cross Road, SE22


Since my cousin has moved to East Dulwhich, I have become a real fan of this little bohemian enclave for two other reasons: Lordship Lane and North Cross Road for:
Shopping on the Saturday market and in the numerous bric-a-brac, interieur design and flower shops. My favorite is www.designsix.co.uk where I bought a glorious chest of drawer hand-made in Indonesia from mango wood. 10% of the profits also go to a Tsunami relief fund.2) After the shopping spree go for great dining and wining in idiosyncratic and fair-prized bars and restaurants such as...well, I am not recommending any restaurants as there are too many little starlets, just put your nose in the wind and follow your favorite smell. Have a closing drink at Liqorish!

No comments: