Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Concert: London Soloists at St John's Church

What to do with a solitary Saturday evening while your fiance is visiting friends & family in USA for Thanks Giving and your mates are out on dates?

Going to a concert at St John's church on Smith Square and listen to the finest young musicians this city has on offer at one of the most picturesque and pre-christmassy churches at stone throw away from Westminster Abbey. On the menue was Mussorgsky Night on a Bare Mountain, Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto and Dvorak Symphony No.9 (From the New World) - one of my all-time Top 5 symphonies.

I made charming contact with an older lady who was honouring her son playing the oboe, and after two hours of distinguished behaviour and acustic delight, I drove home. No I didn;t take the regular rout along the embankment. I rather meandered through the Georgian Terraces of Pimplico and then Chelsea - while my baby was in the (her old) new world.

http://www.londonsoloists.com

No comments: