Monday, April 17, 2006

Art Show: Tate Triennial 2006


I am sorry. Sorry for Tate Britain and sorry for the artists. Each participant might have his or her own qualities and importance, but the curation is numbingly boring and I swept through this show in less than 15 minutes as there was just nothing that truly caught my eye, mind or emotions. Or perhaps I was just tired and in a bad mood.

The Contemporary magazine has listed 80 biennials and triennials around the globe in its special issue on Curators last year. What all started with Documenta and is still being epitomised by the one in Venice got a bit out of control in my view and it is probably time to scale back. Beuys once famously proclaimed that "Everyone is an artist". But is anyone also a curator?

Less is more!

FREE Entry; until 14 May at Tate Britain

No comments: